If you have any concerns about a safeguarding or child protection issue please report it as soon as possible to one of our Safeguarding Leads
- Woodlands congregations: Judith Buckley, 07966263846 email@example.com
- Devotion Central: Chris Duncan, 07952313128 firstname.lastname@example.org
- If it is an emergency situation or immediate issue please call 999. You can also contact First Response Bristol team on 0117 903 6444 for advice.
As part of the Woodlands Group of Churches we have a full child protection policy which can be requested from email@example.com.
We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church. It is the responsibility of each of us to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people entrusted to the church’s care and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
The Trustees and Eldership have the spiritual oversight of the church and have the responsibility to ensure that:
- Children’s workers are given support and training in developing safe, caring practices in their work with children.
- There is a system for dealing with concerns about possible abuse.
- Good links are maintained with statutory child care authorities.
Our next Safeguarding training event takes place on 25th November. This is aimed at those who work with our children and youth teams, in a leadership capacity. For further details, please visit the event page.